You have seen really fit guys before with big arms and you are probably wondering how they did it. There are many different exercises to build the arms but I have seen the best results applying these 5 best biceps exercises to get big gains.
- Standing EZ Bar Curls: Grab an EZ bar and hold it with both hands using a palm up grip. Begin with your arms relaxed and extended down. I recommend a shoulder width grip rather than a narrow grip. Bring the arms up slowly and down slowly.
- Incline Bench Dumbbell Curls: Sit on an incline bench slightly angled from an upright position. Grab a pair of dumbbells and let your arms hang straight down. Perform a biceps curl either one at a time or with both arms at the same time. Squeeze the muscle at the top and lower the weight slowly.
- Concentration Curls: This exercise is done using one dumbbell at a time. Sit on a bench and have the arm holding the dumbbell rest against the leg. The arm should be hanging down and relaxed. Proceed to curl the dumbbell in a slow and controlled motion.
- Hammer Strength Curls: This exercise is performed much like a standing dumbbell curl. The difference in this exercise is you will hold the dumbbells with the palms in.
- Preacher Curls: Use a preacher bench to rest the arms on the padding. Your chest will press up against the padding as you curl the weight. Use a straight bar or an EZ bar.
These exercises make a good addition to your biceps workout if you want to get bigger arms. In order to achieve the best results I advise against using all of these exercises in one workout. Simply choose 2 or 3 and perform 3 or 4 sets of each exercise.
If you have been struggling to get better results for your arms simply experiment with what I consider to be the 5 best biceps exercises.