Contrary to popular culture, there are a lot of people out there that want to gain weight. I was one of those people. I’d been skinny all my life. I was always the shortest and smallest guy in class. I wasn’t very outgoing, but I was very smart. Talk about hard times in school and your classic nerd.
Then I found the joys of muscle building that changed my life. Now, I have the knowledge to put on as much weight as I want. I’m no longer at the mercy of my genes, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.
There’s a right way and a wrong way to gain weight. I’m here to show you the correct and quickest way to do so.
If you want to gain weight, you the most healthy way to do it is to lift weights, not lay around and eat chips, pizza, and burgers all day – you probably know that. There’s a slew of of information out there on how to do this, but I’ll give you the best muscle building workouts to get you started on your way to success.
You really want to focus on compound movements that incorporate more than one muslce. You’ll release more anabolic hormones which encourage larger muscle growth. By incorporating more muscles, you also tear down more so you build more – meaning you get larger quicker.
1. Bench Press
- You’ll use your chest, shoulders, abs, and triceps. This is a great upper body workout.
2. Bent Over Row
- Your upper back, biceps, shoulders, lower back and abs to stablize yourself. Again, another great upper body workout.
- Entire leg, lower back and abs to stabilize yourself. A great power workout for your lower body. Your legs make up half the muscle in your body so doing this will release a ton of growth hormone.
4. Dead Lifts
- Entire leg, hips, lower back and abs to stabilize yourself. This is a great exercise for the same above mention reasons.
5. Pull Ups
- Upper back, biceps, abs and lower back to stabilize yourself. A great upper body workout. Your lats are large muscles which will encourage a lot of growth hormone release also.
These are great workouts and should be the staples of your workout to stimulate great muscle growth. Most weight training programs will incorporate these to some degree for the above mentioned reasons. They will get you started on your journey to gain weigh right away.