Everyone knows testosterone is the king of muscle building hormones. The more you have of it the easier and quicker you can gain muscle mass. Some people even go to the extremes of taking all the latest supplements and some even go as far as taking steroids. This article will reveal ways in which you can naturally increase your testosterone levels, without the need for expensive supplements.
Eat anabolic foods
Firstly you must eat foods that naturally create an anabolic environment within your body and elevate testosterone levels. Here are guidelines to foods that create the most increase in testosterone:
1. Foods that contain healthy saturated fats – saturated fats are great for increasing your testosterone levels.
2. Foods that contain healthy cholesterol – the good cholesterol found in some foods will greatly increase your testosterone levels.
3. Foods high in omega 3’s – omega 3’s are well known for lacking in most peoples diets. Eat more foods rich in omega 3’s and you will reap the hormone benefits.
Foods that contain high amounts of quality saturated fat are mainly coconut, beef and eggs. Add coconut cream to protein shakes for the extra hormonal benefits. Eat grass fed, organic beef as this will have the best and most healthy fats. Eat free range, grass fed, organic eggs for the nutritious cholesterol and saturated fats found in the egg yolk.
Train in a way that stimulates an anabolic response
Your training and the intensity of it will have a big effect on the amount of testosterone your body will release. Here are guidelines on how to create a workout that will cause the greatest testosterone levels:
1. Lift heavy weights – only lifts weights that are heavy, this will stimulate more muscle mass and shock your body more.
2. Compound exercises – perform big compound exercises that recruit multiple muscle groups at a time. This will create a large hormonal response from your body.
3. Keep the resting times short – leave minimal rest between sets, this will further increase the intensity and perceived load of the workout.
4. Keep it short – don’t ever let your workouts go over 60 minutes. After an hour your body will start to release cortisol and reduce your testosterone. Aim for 30-45 minutes.