Vigorous weight lifting is just not enough for growing muscles and burning fat. To shape your body effectively, you need more efforts. Not only physical, you will also need mental preparations to make your muscle building program a success. Here is what you need for more effective muscle growing and fat burning:
1. Set your goal and stay true to it The first thing you need for a successful fat burning and muscle growing is to have a specific goal. Jot down your goal and be specific with it. Never skip your exercise even though it is very tempting. Once you have the excuse to leave your program, the better the chance that you will fail at all.
2. Eat in small portions, but more often What we talk about here is of course healthy foods with high proteins, medium carbs, and low fats. Eat in low portions every 3 hours; that way you will keep your metabolism works simultaneously in burning the excessive body fat. Eating in large portions twice a day will slow down your metabolism; while skipping meals will only make your body retain more fat for storage.
3. Drink plenty of water Water flushes down toxins and keeps your body hydrates. Water also helps you with every physical activity underwent by your body. Drink at least one gallon of water a day and you will feel the benefit of this fluid.
4. Count your calorie input and output Mostly, this is the most annoying part of your fat burning and muscle growing program. However, if you want a satisfying result, this is utterly significant. To lose fat in your body, you need to burn more calories but consuming less.
5. Do cardio exercise at least 4 times a week Cardiovascular training is significant to burn plenty of calories by increasing your metabolic rate. Cardio training should be done at least 4 times in a week. 20-30 minutes of cardio exercise per session is the most effective way to burn fat. Longer exercise will only burn and exhaust your muscles instead of burning more calories and losing more fat.
6. Do weight lifting at least 4 times a week While cardio training burns your body fat, weight lifting helps you growing and building your muscles. Each time you exercise, focus only on particular muscle group (e.g. abs, arms, etc.). Do workouts no more than 54 minutes per session and do not mix it with cardio training as it will be very hard for your body to focus.