Here are 5 tips for how to get more muscular as quickly as possible.
1. Weights. You have to lift weights to gain muscle quickly. You can do this either by joining a gym or getting some dumbbells and training at home. Each way has it’s advantages and disadvantages, but choosing one is a must for learning how to get more muscular.
2. Eat. You have to eat to grow. Your body needs extra calories in order to build extra muscle. You should definitely focus on your protein intake. For each meal you need to have a good portion of protein (a chicken breast, lean steak, eggs, can of tuna, etc.) and you should be eating 4-5 times a day (a few of those meals can be protein shakes).
3. Intensity. Muscles aren’t going to just grow by doing a few exercises at a low to moderate intensity. You have to force your muscles to grow, thus you have to train in a high intensity fashion. This doesn’t mean you have to grunt and groan at the gym and make a scene. This does mean that you have to do as many reps as possible with a relatively heavy weight in order to train to failure.
4. Rest. This is very important and one of the main reasons so many people FAIL at learning how to get more muscular. You need to take rest days and not workout everyday. Your body doesn’t grow in the gym, it grows while it is at rest during the recovery period. So you have to allow it that rest. Contrary to popular belief, you can become very muscular in a short period of time by working out (with high intensity training) only 2-3 times a week.
5. Program. You really should get on a good, proven, muscle building program which has worked for other people. This way you cut to the chase and can start doing the exercises, sets, and reps which have worked effectively for others. A good program will have all the elements above: high intensity weight training, proper rest, and proper eating for growth.