To build muscles, eating the right foods is just as important as weight lifting. Here is a list with 10 foods that can help you:
- Red meat: lean red meat is an excellent source of protein. It contains zinc, iron and vitamins that can help muscle growth.
- Eggs: eggs are a must if you are trying to build muscles. The protein they have in them is of a high biological value and can be easily used by your body.
- Fish: fish and especially salmon, is full of healthy fatty acids like omega-3. Try to eat it at least 2-3 times a week.
- Chicken or Turkey: chicken breast in particular is filled with proteins and is one of the top foods that can help you grow muscles.
- Milk: it can provide you with mineral, vitamins and calcium.
- Cottage cheese: the fact that it’s very slow digesting makes it a very popular body-building food.
- Oatmeal: this complex carbohydrate can provide your body with a steady rate of energy and promote growth.
- Fruits: fruits like apples, kiwi, oranges and berries can supply your body with fiber, potassium, zinc, iron and minerals.
- Vegetables: vegetables such as tomatoes, spinach, carats and peppers should also be included in your diet.
- Nuts: they contain unsaturated fats and you should get more that 15% calories from this type of food daily. Other good sources are: olive oil, nut butter and fatty fish.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water, because it transports all the nutrients through your body. Make sure that you eat regular meals (every 2-3 hours). Avoid refined carbohydrates like sugar. Also avoid high glycemic index food, such as potatoes and white bread. Choose some of these aliments and develop your muscle building menu that along with intense weight training, will help you build a more muscular physique fast.