Let’s take a look at nutrition and more importantly “timing” of nutrition. If you have ever been to a gym you would have seen almost every guy and some girls walk out with a protein drink in hand.
They do this because they know how important it is to feed your muscle with a combination of protein and carbohydrates within half an hour of doing exercise. This is when your body needs the nutrition most and failing to give your body what it needs means it will have to take it from somewhere else. Most likely your muscles! Now that is not what we want.
So, back the question of how long does it take to build muscle?
Here are my top tips for muscle building and, most importantly, the best ways to burn fat:
– Drink a high quality protein product after each workout, within half an hour.
– Work out 3-4 times per week for no longer than 45 minutes per session.
– Eat most of your carbohydrates in the morning, have a small protein snack mid morning, eat a lean protein lunch with salad, vegetable and protein snack in the afternoon and another protein and vegetable meal for dinner.
– Eat a lot of citrus to help block the production of Oestrogen. (a hormone that gives you that jelly belly look!)
– Don’t drink beer! It is highly Oestrogenic.
Following these top tips will see you build muscle mass fast but you have to be dedicated. Just how long it takes to build muscle naturally depends on many things but as long as you follow some simple guidelines you should have great success.