You don’t have to be a body builder to take supplements. Plenty of average joes who work out casually (or maybe a bit harder than most) supplement with supplements every day.
Supplements range from energy enhancers, muscle recovery aids, strength increasing aids, to shakes to take before bed. In between is about another couple hundred products that are all hype and should be avoided. So which ones are the best then?
- Protein Powder is an essential supplement to any body building (or muscle building) program. It is one of the oldest supplements and most effective. Most come in a powder form you can use in a shake – or if you are quirky, you can incorporate it into food
- Protein powders main goal is to give you the protein needed to recover and aid in muscle building. With as much as 30 grams of protein per scoop, it’s a good way to meet your macros in a day.
- Lots of protein powder also include other ingredients that help aid your body in other ways. It’s a great supplement that can be taken year round.
- Creatine is another great and well researched supplement. It too has been around for a long time and everyone from athletes to casuals use it. Creatine is a natural occurring acid in red meats and your body that helps fuel cells in your muscles.
- Taken mostly in a micronized (or pill) form – creatine is tasteless in most cases and iseasy to take. It’s cheap, effective, and will give you the most immediate results for your buck. Creatine is often cycled every month as well to keep the body fresh.
- Pre-Workout’s isn’t just what you do before work out – it’s a supplement you take before a workout! A Pre-Workout supplement (yes that’s its real name) will aid you in many ways you never thought possible through a supplement.
- Usually taken in powder form mixed with water – it will provide you with an energy blend to help pep you up and focus in the gym. I’m talking insane, mental, focus. You know, the zone? A pre-workout will put you in the zone and provide you energy for your entire workout.
- Pre-Workouts feature a variety of ingredients so be sure to read what your getting. Again the main focus is the energy blend which can be anything from caffeine to coffee.
- Bam, that’s it! Yes just three big supplements that we feel are the best. Sure, they’re other products on the market – but I don’t find them to be as effective as the three I listed in this article.
- Be sure to consult with a doctor before supplementing with anything to make sure you are healthy enough to do so.
- For more on supplements and weight training check out the 10rate Best Supplements section for reviews, top 10 lists, and more on supplements! Don’t have a workout plan? Check out some of the Best Workout Plans also!