There are many ways to be thin and muscular, but in order to be healthy as well, a balanced diet and exercise are essential. Many people believe that if they eat very little, they will burn more fat. This however is not true, when you don’t eat enough your metabolism slows down, because your body thinks you’re starving and it needs to make the most out of the fat that is already stored in it. Another thing that can happen if you don’t eat enough is you can get gastritis. Gastritis is an irritation of the lining of the stomach, which can result in an ulcer and ultimately stomach cancer if it is not taken care of. Protein and Carbs are also essential if you wish to burn fat and build muscle. So now that we have covered the basics let’s take a look a few tips:
1) Drink at least four cups of green tea a day (this does not count toward your minimum water consumption requirements which is about half a gallon a day). Green tea accelerates your metabolism, which in turn helps you burn more fat.
2) Do not exercise every single day, because your body needs time to recover and build muscle.
3) Exercise. To build muscle you must life weights. Men should use higher intensity and do less repetitions and women should use less intensity and do more repetitions. Cardio exercise (running, jogging, etc.) is important, but after 30 minutes you will start to burn muscle rather that fat. So limit your self to 30 minutes a day.
4) Sleep. In order for your whole body to function properly you need at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. You should not consume food 3 to 4 hours prior to going to bed, because if you do your body will still be partially awake while it is digesting the food. You won’t wake up refreshed and ready for your day if you do not follow this advice.
5) Protein Supplements. Protein helps you build muscle. The best time to take your protein supplement is right after working out.
6) Carbs. To avoid feeling light headed or dizzy, it is necessary to consume carbs before a workout. A granola bar, or slice of bread with peanut butter will do.
7) Do not use white sugar, bread, pasta, or rice. Wheat pasta, wheat rice, brown sugar and brown rice are acceptable, but should still be used in moderation. Wheat flour tortillas are also acceptable in small quantities.
8) Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. You can eat them as much as you want with a few exceptions. Such fruits and vegetables as bananas and potatoes are healthy, but should be consumed in moderation to avoid weight gain.
Note: As you build muscle, your weight will increase, so don’t pay so much attention to the scale. The weight you will gain will be pure muscle, not fat.
The wonderful thing about, combining exercise and a healthy diet, is that once you start building muscle, the muscle will in turn burn more fat! Follow the healthy diet and exercise tips above and soon you will be on your way to a thinner and more toned you!