Chest workout routine: The exercises that work
A chest workout program includes both exercises that can be performed independent of equipment and those that make use of weights and other fitness equipment. Different exercises work to strengthen different portions of the chest.
The standard pushups and its variations have no equipment requirement and tone the chest muscle with the help of your body weight. The various bench press exercises (Flat bench press and incline bench press) will work on the chest muscles from different angles. The flat bench press trains the triceps and shoulders in addition to the pectoral muscles.
The Dumbbell presses and Dumbbell flyers are also regarded are effective chest exercises. They stabilize and strengthen muscles. Dips also find their place among the exercises that work to firm the chest. They mainly train the lower portion of the chest in addition to the triceps and shoulders.
5 Pointers for an Ideal Chest Workout routine
• Those training the chest muscles tend to perform only one or two exercises which in most cases are the regular bench press or the incline bench press. Achieving positive results requires that you break the monotony and use combination of various chest exercises. This trains the pectoral muscles from different angles.
• It is necessary to learn the proper form and technique of performing various exercises to get the most benefit from your workout program especially when alternating between exercises or sets. The proper technique involves all the chest muscles in the motion and builds them equally.
• A suggestion is to start small with fewer repetitions and lighter weights (in case you incorporate weights in your chest workout program). This will build strength gradually and ensure you do not injure yourself.
• Certain exercises should be performed under the supervision of a trainer. You should also undertake light warm up exercise before indulging in heavy chest exercises.
• It is largely human nature to follow the crowd but, avoid doing this for your chest workout program. The chest exercises you choose should be those suited to your physical capacity and not those that have worked for another. Follow the workout program religiously and be patient.
When deciding on a chest workout program for your capacity, make sure you allot time to cool down. This gives the heart beat a chance to return to normal and the body time to recover after the strenuous activity. It can include light movements and stretching between workouts. And to get the best results out of the workout program, one should team the workout program with the correct fitness diet.
Firming up and toning the chest can be challenging but, it is not an unattainable fitness goal. Get the techniques and exercises right and you will notice how perfectly the muscles shape up.