“Women are finally warming up to free weights, and it is a beautiful thing! ‘s true that women are recognizing strength training as a major player in the battle against fat loss. Here are the top 10 benefits women receive from strength training:
1) Increased Metabolic Rate- adding muscle increases our metabolism naturally.
2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density- prevent and fight osteoporosis by building strong bones.
3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass- each pound of lean muscle mass burns 35-50 calories per day.
4) Injury Prevention- a solid foundation strengthens our bones, ligaments, and tendons.
5) Improved Balance- strong leg and core muscles help stabilize us.
6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease- strength training can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
7) Aids Rehabilitation and Recovery- the best way to strengthen and recover from an injury is to slowly build your strength around the injured area.
8) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General- climbing stairs, carrying the kids, or walking with your spouse becomes more enjoyable.
9) Aging Gracefully- strong muscles build a strong body. Strength training and fitness can help keep aging bodies in well-working condition.
10) Feeling Better and Looking Better- strength training reduces overall body fat, it tones our muscles and it builds confidence.